Parade - Thoughts Masquerade


My thoughts gain kinetic energy ready to blow out like the stream from the pressure cooker.....Ssshhhhh....... whistle blows!!!

And out comes all of them running in different directions. Hold on. Don't run. I yell....You are too many for me to handle. Why do you have so much momentum? Pause. Wait. Let me catch up. Before I realise, they are all over the place. Taking different forms and shapes. The good ones become birds. They fly up in the sky, making amazing formations. They are too high for me to capture their pictures. The sad thoughts become wriggling creatures. They are the snakes.They wriggle and hide under my furniture. Waiting to get me sooner or later. Then, there are the thoughts which are new to me. They are the strangers who invaded a territory. They are armed with ammunition. They sneak carefully to avoid my attention. As I relax. They attack. Overpowering me in all this confusion.
Some thoughts are random emotions they become musical and burst into loud commotion.  They are guile. They are knave.  They tease and they threaten. They shout to deafen my senses. They acquire a form. They can again transform. They are not stable, they are mutable.  Just like human nature, they change. They are untrustable! They are masqueraders!
As I seem to notice these thoughts, they began to weaken.  Yes, as I become more aware. They loosen their hold. Finally, I am back in control!

The Alchemist

Monika Kathuria/Day 6 Poetry Challenge  Our hero walked through the Meadows, And he read to the sheep in lovely mountain breeze. He tro...

Check out on: