I deserved a better goodbye

Monika Kathuria/Day 7 poetry challenge 

My world came crashing down,
In front of my eyes; I watched your exit; in despise.
As the door closed, into pieces my heart tore!
An intense pain drenched my soul.
Was it you who made me Whole?
Something within me broke, it took on a toll.
When you walked out of my life,
Little had I realized-
How heavy the catastrophe had struck.
I stared into the oblivion-with all my senses numbed!
My heartache made me feel silly and dumb.
Yes, sometimes, love is- just not enough!
Memories of you clouded my mind.
Remembering the good times, I smiled.
My smile gave way to tears, in no time.
You are gone forever-then I realized!
There is nowhere I could hide!
As inconsolably I cried, something inside me died.
Though I experienced the pain of confusion, rejection and separation;
You would never, ever, ever be forgotten;
For you have given my life a lesson!
I may not have anyone besides me,
Yet, bravely, I will face all obstacles.
Above all hurdles, I will rise- You wait and watch!
Yes, I will muster the courage, I will dust my heart!
For all that has been said and done, my soul's cry-
Definitely, I had deserved a better "Goodbye"

The Alchemist

Monika Kathuria/Day 6 Poetry Challenge  Our hero walked through the Meadows, And he read to the sheep in lovely mountain breeze. He tro...

Check out on: